- Optional Devices
- Optional Devices
- LED performance and reliability.
- GaN power transistors.
- Threading Dislocation Density (TDD).
- Carriers lifetimes and dynamics.
- Solar cells effi ciency.
- Development of nanoscale optolectronic devices.
- ZnO nano-belts.
The acquisition of a CL map (le) does not affect the detection of secondary electrons(right).
- Cathodoluminescence is the ideal tool to measure threading dislocations density in GaN (le) ; they
appear as dark spots because of non radiative recombination in their vicinity. A secondary electron
scan of the same region cannot identify any threading dislocations (right).
- Attolight optical microscope features constant resolution and photon collection efficiency over a eld of
view of 300μm (le). Quantitative cathodoluminescence, i.e. comparison of emission intensities between
various points is now possible. The traditional parabolic mirror approach is plagued by blur and
- Optical microscope imaging.
- Cathodoluminescence mapping (polychromatic, monochromatic and hyperspectral).
- Secondary electrons (SE) mapping.
- Time-resolved cathodoluminescence (time-resolved option).
- Simultaneous SE and CL imaging.
- E-beam : 1pA to 20 nA.
- Light microscope embedded within the electron optics
- Fully achromatic reflective objective : 180 nm –1.6 μm
- Aperture : NA 0.71 (f/0.5)
- Field of View : >300 μm (electronic and optical)
- Optical Resolution : <5 μm
- Light collection efficiency : 30% of the photons emitted by a lambertian emitter exit the
microscope (constant over the whole eld of view)
- Dispersive spectrometer with two imaging exits (320 mm focal length) and a 3-grating turret
(gratings to be specified by customer at time of order).
- Detectors : PMT (exit 1), CCD (exit 2).
- 10 ps pulsed photoelectron gun.
- Detector : UV-VIS streak camera.
Chamber and Vacuum System
- Differential pumping system : ion getter pumps for electron gun and electron column. Turbo molecular
pump for the specimen chamber. Specimen exchange time : 15 min.
- Internal chamber dimensions : 208 mm (diameter) x 300 mm (height).
- Specimen diameter : ø 25x1.5 mm
- 6 degrees of freedom for arbitrary movements (compatible with cryostat option)
- Travel range : 25 mm (X and Y), 3 mm (Z), 3° tilt (X and Y), 35° rotation (Z)
- Smallest increment : 1nm
- Repeatability (full travel range) : 100nm
- Repeatability (100 nm range) : < 2nm
Low Temperature Cryostat
- Helium cold finger for low vibrations.
- Minimal temperature range : 20K–00K
- Advanced digital temperature controller.
Time and spectrum-resolved cathodoluminescence of Boron Nitride. The spectrum is generated by focusing a pulsed electron beam on a specific point of the specimen. A streak camera is used for the detection. Deep UV spectroscopy becomes as simple as visible spectroscopy
- Power : 7 standard wall plugs (230V, 50Hz) delivering 10A each
- Pressurized air for microscope valves and optical table, pressure of 551 kPa (80psi) max.
- Nitrogen to purge the chamber
- Weight : -CL system : 250 kg
-Optical Table : 650kg
- Environment: temperature 20°C +/-3°C, relative humidity below 70 % RH